So I had one of those experiences today that I always experience, but just now decide to actually voice it. I'm sure we have all been part of the following....So I was walking out of devotional chatting with my friend Joanna and her friend (I don't remember what they call her), and I noticed that Joanna was looking around to see if the person she had been expressing her opinion on was present. I assured her he was not....oops, i mean, "they" were not (it could have very well been a girl). So I glanced around me to make sure that I was not going to say something and then turn out to be a liar. I'm sure you have done the same....Anyways, as I turn around, a girl with her group of friends behind me, makes slight eye contact with me and automatically assumes that I turned around to look at her so that she would stop talking. Now, have have a couple issues with this assumption....1. What the heck makes you think that you are so important that I was listening to your loud conversation and took the initiative to glance directly at YOU? I mean seriously, who does that? A mini-second of slight frustration towards her crossed my mind, but then I thought to myself, "Aw, maybe I should just let her feel important for a second. She might not get that too often, but hey, who am I to judge?" 2. We were walking outside! I personally do not care what you were talking about, how loud you were saying it, or who you were saying it about. I do not know you and I am not one of those people to be like, "oh my gosh! We are outside, for goodness sake, tone it down!" Not me at all.
So, over the weekend, I decided to buy my first pair of skinny jeans. I know, you may be thinking, "what an emo," but honestly, emo-ness was not my intention. I just wanted to try it out. Anyways, this specific pair of jeans had a hole in the knee (on purpose, of course). It wasn't even a big hole, so I wasn't too worried about it at all. Well, last night, we went over to our FHE bros apartment to watch Dancing With the Stars. On the way back, my roommate, Camille and I, were having one of our daily, routine, harmless fights, except this one got a little violent. On the way out the door, I was shoved into the nearby staircase (don't worry, it was harmless), and she quickly took off running. I walked for a little bit and she stopped running. "Psh," I thought, "I'll get her back sometime later. I don't feel like running." So we walked up the stairs to our complex. When we reached our destined floor, she took off running, and I decided to do the same. I guess it was sort of a race to the room, I don't really know. I came upon the set of 4 stairs that led down to our door and decided that I was going to jump them. I proceeded with the jump, and I am 99.27% sure that my feet hit the ground, but if and when they did, something went wrong. I hit the ground and did a couple rolls. My hands were a little scuffed up and my jeans (the ones that would be assumed to be emo), ripped. They ripped right on the hole, which led to an even bigger hole in the knee of my brand new jeans. I played it off cool, but inside, I'm a little upset :(. Due to honor code policies, I am afraid I will not be able to wear these jeans on campus again. I guess the moral of the story is....don't jump more than 3 stairs at a time. When it reaches 4 stairs, it gets a little sketchy. Your jeans will rip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment